function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Manisha ValavalaManisha Valavala 

Button in Utility Bar

Hi ,

How to add button in utility bar in lightning as below

User-added imageWhen i click on it, it has to open tab in lightning. There should not be  more steps like other utility items- It has to work as lightning button but placed in utility bar.

Please assist

Suraj Tripathi 47Suraj Tripathi 47

Hi Manisha Valavala,

Try this:

Go to Setup, enter App in the Quick Find box, then select App Manager.
To edit or add a utility bar to an existing app, click Edit in the drop-down menu next to your app. To create a Lightning app with a utility bar, click New Lightning App.
Click the Utility Bar tab and add the utilities you want.Specify component and utility properties, like the height and width of the utility panel, and what label and icon to display in the utility bar.

Please Mark it as Best Answer if it helps!

Thanks

Manisha ValavalaManisha Valavala
Hi Suraj,

Thanks you for spending time on this.

I am looking for an option/ way to configure lighting button/action as utility tem. Something that should work as "Global action"  but i placed in utility bar.

If I create lightning component using lightning:button and all - configure it as utility item - user has to click on it then utility items opens - then again user has to click on the button - then action happens - I dont want this.

Action has to take place with one click - that too it should be from utility bar.

Let me know if you have questions