function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cory 16Cory 16 

Does ISCHANGED() evaluate formula fields properly when used in process builder formula criteria?

I have a formula field that I want to trigger a process builder to run when it changes. I have wrapped it in the ISCHANGED() function in a process builder, and it actaully seems to work. However, in the past I have heard from articles and other developers that formula fields changing cannot trigger process builders, yet it seems like I have done this. Can anyone confirm what they know about this? Thank you
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Cory,

Formula field will not trigger the process builder. However, if you are using ISCHANGED and check  'Do you want to execute the actions only when specified changes are made to the record' in process builder might do the trick and that works as expected.

Reference:
https://trailblazers.salesforce.com/answers?id=9063A000000iRwSQAU

Hope above information was helpful.

Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks,
Cory 16Cory 16
Hmmm, not sure what to say. I don't have the "Do you want to Execute Actions only when specified changes are made" checbox checked, and yet it still works based on the ISCHANGED() criteria on the formula field. Weird! 
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Strange would recommend you to try below.

> Check similar behaviour in another org and does it do similar operations.
> Enable 'Do you want to execute the actions only when specified changes are made to the record' and check the behaviour and keep it enable if it looks good.
> Create a new similar version in lower instance and monitor behaviour.
> Once you have tried above and need additional details kindly log a case with salesforce.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,
Jarrod PatrickJarrod Patrick
How can I make the process remove the actions from the paused flow interviews when status is changed to paid?
ElonOne (https://elonone.org)