function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rajeev Kumar 290Rajeev Kumar 290 

We can't log you in because of an issue with single sign-on. Contact your Salesforce admin for help.

Not able to login  Cisco getting single sign in error 
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rajeev,

I have checked and seen that multiple issues are posted which is similar to the issue you mentioned and they mentioned the federation id was not the same in salesforce and the 3rd party application and Please do note that federation id is case sensitive so it needs to be the same on both ends.

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as the best answer so that it can help others in the future.  

Thanks.
Roman RiabenskyiRoman Riabenskyi

Just want to post my experience to help others in troubleshooting.

I faced the same issue as I was testing the SSO on Sandbox. 

Then I realized that I am not using Federation ID to recognize me in the org, but the username. On Sandbox everyone has different usernames (the original one + sandbox name). So I populated the Federation ID on my user and switched the SAML Identity Type to Federation ID. 

Also, I needed to check if I was included in the group of users that can use SSO for Salesforce (we were using OKTA). 

Jeremy RicciJeremy Ricci
I'm confused as to what Federation ID we're supposed to use.  Do we use the username with the sandbox extension or the username of the originating SSO provider?
A PandaA Panda
I see similar discussion here - We can't log you in because of an issue with single sign-on. Contact your Salesforce admin for help.
Anna YaremchuckAnna Yaremchuck
Ah, running into single sign-on (SSO) issues can be pretty frustrating. There are a few things that could be causing the trouble with logging into Salesforce through Cisco's SSO.
  • Configuration Issues: Sometimes, the problem lies in the SSO configuration settings. Maybe something's not set up right between Cisco and Salesforce. It's worth double-checking the configuration details.
  • Network Problems: If there's a network issue on your end, that can interfere with the SSO process. It might be a good idea to check your internet connection or try a different network.
  • Credential Mismatch: If the credentials used for SSO aren't syncing properly between Cisco and Salesforce, that can cause login issues. Make sure your login details are up to date.
  • Session or Cookie Problems: Occasionally, browser sessions or cookies can mess with SSO. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or even try a different browser.
  • Service Outages: There's also a possibility of a service outage either on Salesforce’s end or with Cisco's SSO service. You might want to check their service status pages.
  • User Profile Settings: If your Salesforce user profile isn't configured to allow SSO or if there are restrictions, that could be another reason.
Your best bet is to reach out to your Salesforce admin. Or if you an owner of a business, you can hire one https://www.sf-recruiters.com/remote-salesforce-admin-recruiters/. They can check the system logs to see what’s going wrong and help sort it out.