function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Olivier Van den NestOlivier Van den Nest 

Early Session Timeout using SSO

Hi,

We are currently confronted with an early session timeout after two hours of inactivity when users log in using SSO (Microsoft Azure AD).
Org-wide session timeout and profile-level session timeout are set at 8 hours.
However these values seem to not be used at all.

I found this helpful article: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000317746&type=1&mode=1

I am afraid point 3 at the end:
"If users are running custom Visualforce pages and using lighting with SSO single sign on, a new configuration may be required in many cases - please file a support case for developer support if this is needed for SSO reconfiguration. Premier Support required."
is applicable

I was wondering if it means the SSO setup should be done all over again? Or is something else meant by reconfiguration?
We would not need premier support if the sso should be redone, but I am not sure if that will help because the SSO was just set up on a new sandbox. So maybe something else has to be reconfigured?

Kind regards,
Olivier Van den Nest
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Olivier,

As per my understanding,  Yes it should be done again to avoid Session Timeout using SSO and if you need any support to re-configure then you would need premier support so that they can help you in configuration.

Hope above information was helpful.

Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks,
Olivier Van den NestOlivier Van den Nest
Hi,

I tried removing all components from the community but the SSO timeout is still 2 hours. And in fact there are no VF pages.
Still wondering what is controlling this session timeout.