function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tania B GarciaTania B Garcia 

Put the value in a field corresponding to another field of another object

Hello
I have a currency type field called "S1" that is in Case, I want that field to be filled corresponding to another field that is in Quote that is called "S3".

What I am doing is a process builder that calls a flow, where I am passing the variables of case id and opportunity id, in the flow I am doing a Get of the Case I pass the values of the case id and the related opportunity id, another Get corresponding to the Quote where I pass the opportunity related, then I make the set of the value and where I put the field of S1 I pass the value of S3 and then I save it

But when doing a test to put the value in the S1 field, it does not put anything.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, could you please help me

User-added imageUser-added image
Best Answer chosen by Tania B Garcia
Hi

Use the following option and create variables for each field I needed and with that it worked correctly

User-added image

Thanks and Regards

All Answers

ShivankurShivankur (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Tania,

You might need to store the field value into a variable/collection variable/ record variables/record collection variables or global variables.And then use those values for assignment to case and then update it.

Refer this to create new:
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=sf.flow_ref_elements_assignment.htm&type=5

Hope above information helps. Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in future.

​​​​​​​Thanks.
Hi Shivankur

In fact I am using variables just to send information from the process builder to the flow, I do not understand very well what it means to use variable / collection variable / record variables / record collection variables or global variables.

Thanks and Regards
Hi

Use the following option and create variables for each field I needed and with that it worked correctly

User-added image

Thanks and Regards
This was selected as the best answer