function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karthika A 7Karthika A 7 

When opening a task, it is opening with a Standard Task layout

I created a new task under Campaigns and when I try to open the task, it is opening with the standard Task layout. I created a new Marketing task record type, layout and have assigned it to the profile and marked that record type as default. Still it is using the Standard task layout.

Any suggestions please?
Best Answer chosen by Karthika A 7
PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi Karthika,

I tried replicating this in my org and I did not get any issue. 

I have created a new pagelayout for marketing task and created a new marketing record type. And then assigned the pageLayout to the record type for the required profile. 

And when i tried to create the task, it asked me for which record type and when I selected the marketing record type, it retutrned me the marketing page layout.

If the issue is resolve, please mark it as best answer, if not resolve then provide us the screenshot of your configuration. Thanks!

Regards,

Priya Ranjan

All Answers

PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi Karthika,

I tried replicating this in my org and I did not get any issue. 

I have created a new pagelayout for marketing task and created a new marketing record type. And then assigned the pageLayout to the record type for the required profile. 

And when i tried to create the task, it asked me for which record type and when I selected the marketing record type, it retutrned me the marketing page layout.

If the issue is resolve, please mark it as best answer, if not resolve then provide us the screenshot of your configuration. Thanks!

Regards,

Priya Ranjan

This was selected as the best answer
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Karthika,

Can you check pagelayout assignment for that profile?

Thanks,