function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
test vijaytest vijay 

How to assign custom object in related to(WhatId) field In Task Object

hello peers,
I have a requirment. I'm trying to assign custom object to related to(WhaId) in task object but I am not able to do. as far as I know, we can assign but I am not able to assign. can anybody help me to find of  this solution.
Thank you

Best Answer chosen by test vijay
ravi soniravi soni
hello vijay,
follow below steps.
1. Go to the object manager => select object that you want to show into whatId field and Edit that.
2. having edit it,  you have to select Allow Activities checkbox that is in Optional Features.
save and now check object will be show.
let me know if it helps you and mark it as best answer.
Thank you

All Answers

ravi soniravi soni
hello vijay,
follow below steps.
1. Go to the object manager => select object that you want to show into whatId field and Edit that.
2. having edit it,  you have to select Allow Activities checkbox that is in Optional Features.
save and now check object will be show.
let me know if it helps you and mark it as best answer.
Thank you

This was selected as the best answer
ShivankurShivankur (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Vijay,

You can associate task with Custom Object.

To enable this feature, you need to choose " Allow Activities" in the Customer Object Definition (Setup =>Create => select custom object => Edit => Optional Feature => check "Allow Activities")

Once this is enabled, the Custom Object will appear in "Related To" (WhatID) dropdown list in Task page.

Hope above information helps. Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in future.

Thanks.
Game CentaurGame Centaur
Thank you for sharing your knowledge. https://www.rapidfs.me/  (https://www.rapidfs.me/ )
Valerie ChristiansenValerie Christiansen
Hi, is there any way to change the order of the WhatID dropdown list? Thank you. 
Austin Montgomery 5Austin Montgomery 5
Valerie - I have the same question if you find an answer anywhere!