function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LIM AI KHOONLIM AI KHOON 

Change currency rate

Hello, I want to ask, currently my org using USD currency. But our customers are from different countries so will have a few different currencies. As we all know, the currency rate will change from time to time. May I know to convert the USA to their own currency automatically without us changing the rate every time? Is there any way?

At this moment I have one field for the amount in the USA, and 1 field is the customer currency code like MYR, ect. If I do the formula, means we need to update the rate from time to time. Is there any other way to solve this issue?

For this question, I park under the Apex code because I am not sure which section its falls.
Ashish Singh SFDCAshish Singh SFDC
Hi LIM,

The formula will not be a good solution. Because the day you will change the value in Formula, it will also change the amount in old record based on the new value of formula.

Instead, the best solution would be to search for the Appexchange Product which can feed you the real-time currency and then you store it in different custom fields.

Apart from this if you're aware of API Integration then you can use Currency Layer (https://currencylayer.com/) to get realtime data and store in the custom field whenever the amount is changed.

Thanks,
Ashish Singh.