function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Josh Teran 2Josh Teran 2 

I'm having issues with this formula.

I'm having issues with this formula.
if WCT_Services_Start_Date__c) is blank and Today =30 is greather than Opportunity close date = 30, use Today = 30

IF 
   (
    ISBLANK([Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c), 

{!TODAY()+30} >  [Opportunity].CloseDate + 30

{!TODAY()+30}
   )
PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi Josh,

Can you elaborate this part "if WCT_Services_Start_Date__c) is blank and Today =30 is greather than Opportunity close date = 30, use Today = 30" ?

Regards,

Priya Ranjan

Josh Teran 2Josh Teran 2
Sure if the WCT_Services_Start_Date__c) is blank, then the resource Resourcing Project start date should be updated from the todays date =30 if it is greater thank the opportunity close date =30, then the next formula would switch to if the opportunity close date = 30 is greater thant today = 30, then update the Resourcing Project Start date to Opportinity close date.

Today + 30 - 8/23/21
At present, the close date is 7/30/21  so the potential value would be 8/30/21
Since the WCT_Services_Start_Date__c) value is blank, The resourcing Project Start Date would be 8/30/21

Then I would check to see if the close date + 30 is greater than the today +30 and if true,, update the resourcing project date field with today + 30

CharuDuttCharuDutt
Hii Josh 
Try Below Formula
IF(ISBLANK( WCT_Services_Start_Date__c), TODAY()+30 , IF( AND(NOT(ISBLANK(  WCT_Services_Start_Date__c)),WCT_Services_Start_Date__c > CloseDate) , TODAY()+30 , null))
Please Mark It As Best Answer If It Helps
Thank You!

Josh Teran 2Josh Teran 2
I was getting the field does not exist for WCT_Services_Start_Date__c . I added [Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c) and then it said I am missing a ")"

IF(ISBLANK[Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c), TODAY()+30 , IF( AND(NOT(ISBLANK[Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c)),[Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c)> CloseDate) , TODAY()+30 , null))
CharuDuttCharuDutt
Hii Josh
Try Below Code
IF(ISBLANK([Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c), TODAY()+30 , IF( AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c)),[Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c> CloseDate) , TODAY()+30 , null))
Please Mark It As Best Answer If It Helps
Thank You!
Josh Teran 2Josh Teran 2
getting closer.  missing a ")"

IF(
   ISBLANK([Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c), 
   TODAY()+30, 
      IF( 
         AND(
             NOT(ISBLANK([Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c)),
            [Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c> [Opportunity].CloseDate + 30,
            null
            )
        )
    )

Steven LawerenceSteven Lawerence
I have got the same issue too. (https://campbuild.com/)
CharuDuttCharuDutt
IF(ISBLANK([Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c), 
   TODAY()+30,IF( 
         AND(
             NOT(ISBLANK([Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c)),
            [Opportunity].WCT_Services_Start_Date__c> [Opportunity].CloseDate),TODAY()+30,null))
Josh Teran 2Josh Teran 2
Charu,
this is the same formula you posted before where I am getting
The formula expression is invalid: Syntax error. Missing ')'

Josh Teran 2Josh Teran 2
I figured it out:
IF( TODAY()+30 > [Opportunity].CloseDate+30,TODAY()+30,[Opportunity].CloseDate+30) 

Thanks for your assistance.