function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adam Palmer 1Adam Palmer 1 

Get word count from a file

Hi All,

My company uploads files to Salesforce and wants to know the word count of those files. Most of these files are Word documents, so for the purposes of this question let's just assume we're only dealing with Word documents.

My initial Googling indicates various methods of getting the word count from a text field or rich text field, but I can't seem to find anyone suggesting there's a way to get the content of a Word file that's been uploaded to Salesforce into a text field. Any idea how to do that?

If someone can think of an alternative (i.e. not moving the content from the File into a field) for getting the word count out of a Salesforce File, please let me know. Also happy to hear about apps that do this. Thanks!
Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi Adam,

Please go through with below link, it may be helpful to you.

https://countwordsfree.com/

upload the word file for counting the word.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha
Adam Palmer 1Adam Palmer 1
Deepali, Does this tool integrate seamlessly with Salesforce? If we have to take the files out of Salesforce to get the word counts, we might as well use the word count tools we’re already using. My goal here is to get a word count tool that lives inside Salesforce. Any ideas? Adam