function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jacqueline PavelyJacqueline Pavely 

Create a report with a column chart that displays the following: $ amount of all open opportunities by month, $ amount of expected revenue (based on probabilities) by month and $ amount of closed won by month.

Santosh Reddy MaddhuriSantosh Reddy Maddhuri
Hi Jacqueline,

Foilow these steps and you should be able to achieve what you are looking for.

1. Create a custom formula field called Amount (Closed Won) and add follwoing logic with return type currency

IF( ISPICKVAL( StageName , "Closed Won") , Amount , 0)

2. Create a custom formula field called Close Month and following logic with return type text

IF ( MONTH( CloseDate ) = 1, "January",
IF ( MONTH( CloseDate ) = 2, "February",
IF ( MONTH( CloseDate ) = 3, "March",
IF ( MONTH( CloseDate ) = 4, "April",
IF ( MONTH( CloseDate ) = 5, "May",
IF ( MONTH( CloseDate ) = 6, "June",
IF ( MONTH( CloseDate ) = 7, "July",
IF ( MONTH( CloseDate ) = 8, "August",
IF ( MONTH( CloseDate ) = 9, "September",
IF ( MONTH( CloseDate ) = 10, "October",
IF ( MONTH( CloseDate ) = 11, "November",
IF ( MONTH( CloseDate ) = 12, "December",
"N/A"
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)

3. Now go to Reports --> Opportunities --> Select columns Oppty Name, Amount, Expected Revenue,Amount(Closed Won),Close Month.
4. Filter conditions : All opportunities, Date field : Created date , date range : All / current year / last year (depending on your requirement).Stage equals Closed Won.
5. Select Summary report type and group by Close Month column.

Mark this as best answer if it solves yours requirement.So others can benefit too.

Regards,

Santosh.

HI Santosh, thank you for your email. I have tried creating the first formula in the "Edit Formula Column" of the report, but I get a syntac error: 'Filed StageName does not exist" - can you rpovide any assistance? Regards, Jackie Jackie Pavely BA, BBA *Sales Administrator* *506.462.9119* *jacqueline.pavely@measurand.com * *www.measurand.com *
Santosh Reddy MaddhuriSantosh Reddy Maddhuri

Hi Jacqueline, 

You need to create formula fields on the opportunity object and use those fields inside report.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Santosh.

Hi Santosh, Thank you for your email. I was able to set up the first formula (Amount closed Won), but the second custom formula does not work (not sure what I doing wrong) - receive the message: "Field "ClosedDate" can not be used in this type of formula. Would appreciate any assistance. Regards, Jackie Jackie Pavely BA, BBA *Sales Administrator* *506.462.9119* *jacqueline.pavely@measurand.com * *www.measurand.com *