function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Asha Kumari 1Asha Kumari 1 

how to create sections of form using different lightning components and call it on parent object button

Hi,

I have an urgent requirement. I am new to lightning and development. Please help me.

There is a parent object lets say "Parent", record of which can only be created in a third party system and fetched via integration on button click. To update parent object we have to create another object ChildForm, which will be basically a form to be called on button click on parent object. Now this form has 13 sections since there are too many fields. When updateParent button is clicked on parent object, a picklist should appear on the form containing various sections. On the basis of selection of section, it should show that particular section. Each section will have next and previous section connecting to other sections. Once the last section is reached and completed, a declaration page will appear with complete button. Once that button is clicked, whole form is submitted and generate pdf button will appear. This button wil create a pdf attachment and add that to both parent and child objects in attachment section.Please help how to do this. This is an urgent requirement.
Navin Selvaraj23Navin Selvaraj23
Hi Asha Kumari,

Your can use lightning tabset or progress indicator to show it as the different section.
Whenever you are moving to one section to other section, you just make true to show the particular section.
So, you can able to move to the final section by filling the requirements. Once, you click the submit button, Please validate all the input data are valid the go for pdf generation.

to generate the pdf, please refer the following links.
https://medium.com/@ToAnshulVerma/lightning-generate-pdf-within-lightning-experience-with-salesforce-data-cd82ae626cc3

https://medium.com/@ToAnshulVerma/salesforce-lightning-generate-pdf-from-lightning-components-with-in-memory-data-cd5dffe0fe25

Hope it helps. If it, mark it as the best answer. It will be helpful.

Regards,
Navin
Asha Kumari 1Asha Kumari 1
Hi Naveen,

Thanks for your response. Actually it was an urgent requirement. I was able to do it using aura if. Now I am working on button part. I will check thelinks provided by you for the same.

Thanks,
Asha