function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SrinivasaRao LatchuSrinivasaRao Latchu 

queue is not visible in lookup in Case Assignment Rules > Select the user or queue to assign the case to

I am new to Service cloud and trying to work out few examples. I created a queue with just filling the mandatory fields. I stated creating the case assginment rules with criteria and trying to find the queue which I created when selecting the dropdown "Queue". why? where am I going wrong?
Best Answer chosen by SrinivasaRao Latchu
JayantJayant
Assignment Rules are only available on Leads and Cases.
For custom objects, you would need to write workflows or processes to replicate assignments.

All Answers

JayantJayant
While creating a Queue, we also specify objects whose records can be owned by that Queue. Maybe you haven't selected Case as one of the objects while creating the queue (its a multipicklist with all objects that can have a queue as owner available for selection, a single queue can have multiple associated objects).
SrinivasaRao LatchuSrinivasaRao Latchu
I am wrong in trying with case assignment rules, since my object of consideration is cutome object. I shouls have choosen the option on assignment rule of custom object.
JayantJayant
Assignment Rules are only available on Leads and Cases.
For custom objects, you would need to write workflows or processes to replicate assignments.
This was selected as the best answer