function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Priya@999Priya@999 

Process Builder execution

Suposse i have two process builder PB1,PB2.In my case PB1 is firing first.I want PB2 to fire first.Is there any way we can manage order of process builder execution.
Best Answer chosen by Priya@999
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Priya,

Greetings to you!

You can manage the order of execution of process builder by first creating a checkbox field in the object that will default to checked when a record will be created. Then the Process Builder will clear the checkbox as its last action. The Process Builder first tests the checkbox and only continues if it has been cleared.

Please refer to the below link which might help you further with the above requirement.

https://ericsplayground.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/how-to-make-one-process-builder-execute-before-another-process-builder/

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas

All Answers

$hwet@$hwet@
Hi,

You can invoke one process from another process to achieve the same. For doing the same you have to make your process as invocable

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=process_overview.htm&type=5
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Priya,

Greetings to you!

You can manage the order of execution of process builder by first creating a checkbox field in the object that will default to checked when a record will be created. Then the Process Builder will clear the checkbox as its last action. The Process Builder first tests the checkbox and only continues if it has been cleared.

Please refer to the below link which might help you further with the above requirement.

https://ericsplayground.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/how-to-make-one-process-builder-execute-before-another-process-builder/

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
This was selected as the best answer
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Priya,

Firstly creating a checkbox field in my Opportunity that would default to checked when a record was created. Then  Opportunity Create Process Builder would clear the checkbox as its last action. My Opportunity Change Process Builder first tests the checkbox and only continues if it has been cleared.
Steps:
1. Create a custom field on the Opportunity object.  The field type should be a Checkbox with a default value of Checked.  This field does not need to be on any page layouts.
2. Add a final criteria step in the “Opportunity – Record Create” Process Builder.  This just needs to execute the actions without testing for any criteria.
3. Add an action to clear the checkbox field.
4. Add a first criteria step in the “Opportunity – Record Changes” Process Builder.
5. The criteria should check if the checkbox field is still checked.
6. Continue on with the rest of the Process Builder only if the result is False.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi