function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Daniel RetaleatoDaniel Retaleato 

Using User Information to show relevant fields dynamically vs having multiple separate components

I'm relatively new to Salesforce development and I'm wondering if someone would be able to provide some insight to a dilemma I'm having.

Backstory: 
I currently have one component that is used to add a contact to an account. On load, the component tests for a user's ProfileID and displays only relevant information to that department (not every department in my org needs to add a contact birthday for example).

My director would like me to create separate components for each profile so that as a system admin, he can have control while I'm out of town (I'm the only dev), and so that he can have an additional layer of customization over who sees what.

So my question is, is this a valid request? Are there any reasons this would be unfeasible or have any legitimate reasons not to do it this way moving forward?
Obviously creating 4-5 components for each profile would be more work on me (which I'm not worried about), I'm moreso worried that having 4-5 components would take up system storage and create unnecessary clutter.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
My vote goes to having only few component that will solve the purpose using dynamic way .. 

Using User Information to show relevant fields dynamically is the best approach .. if you go with many components you have lot of maitaince and duplicate code