function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AdamJonesAdamJones 

Control if and to whom lead validation rule email alerts are sent to

I've setup a validation rule for our lead creation and this is working nicely through our web to lead form on our website.

The only problem is that the validation rule fires quite often and the main user account seems to by default get email alerts each time which is now annoying them.

Can I control to whom these alert emails are sent? I couldn't find a setting for this.    If not is it possible to disable them ?

Best Answer chosen by AdamJones
AdamJonesAdamJones

I've had confirmation now from salesforce that this email alert is a result of the default lead creator setting inside the web-to-lead settings area.   A side effect of the setting is that it's this user that gets these alerts if any validation rules fail and there is no granular control over who gets alerts or what type.   

I'm going to have to setup rules in my mailbox software to handle automatically binning these alerts instead.

All Answers

Atla Satheesh 8Atla Satheesh 8
Hi Adam Jones,

You can change the exception email feature: Please refer teh below link:

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000170712&language=en_US&type=1

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Satheesh Atla
AdamJonesAdamJones
This seems to be apex exceptions which this isn't so I dont think its related
AdamJonesAdamJones

I've had confirmation now from salesforce that this email alert is a result of the default lead creator setting inside the web-to-lead settings area.   A side effect of the setting is that it's this user that gets these alerts if any validation rules fail and there is no granular control over who gets alerts or what type.   

I'm going to have to setup rules in my mailbox software to handle automatically binning these alerts instead.

This was selected as the best answer