function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alexej Ignatow 1Alexej Ignatow 1 

I have numbers and long account names, i would like to shorten it only to show one part of it. Any help would be great

Currently my name is made up as follows

1. London, Royal Opera Hous

i would like to show the account name only as 

London (i.e. without "1." and without the second part after comma)

All this i also would like to be able to use as a hyperlink so that when i click on it, i am redirected to the relevant account

Please help, currently i only got to 

Data TypeFormula  
LEFT(Account.Name, FIND( ",", Account.Name ) -1 )

which eliminates the second part however, i cannot remove the "1." and also cannot make it work as a link

MANY thanks
Best Answer chosen by Alexej Ignatow 1
PrincyPrincy
Hi Alexej,

This might help:
HYPERLINK('/'+AccountId, MID(LEFT(Account.Name, FIND( ",", Account.Name ) -1 ), FIND(".", Account.Name)+1, LEN(Account.Name) ))

Thanks,
Princy

All Answers

PrincyPrincy
Hi Alexej,

This might help:
HYPERLINK('/'+AccountId, MID(LEFT(Account.Name, FIND( ",", Account.Name ) -1 ), FIND(".", Account.Name)+1, LEN(Account.Name) ))

Thanks,
Princy
This was selected as the best answer
Alexej Ignatow 1Alexej Ignatow 1
Many thanks Princy! This worked great!!
Alexej IgnatowAlexej Ignatow
Hi Princy, i have another question that you might have the answer to. I know it might pushing the limits, but now that i have this field called Theatre. Can i combine it with another field lets say 'www' so that it shows up as one flied but both bits of the field first and second part are separate hyperlinks?!

Hope this make sense

Currently i now have London as hyperlink that when clicked opens the London account. I now also want to show next to London an image that is also a hyperlink but redirects to a different webpage. is that possible?!