function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kavya mareedukavya mareedu 

About licenses in Developer Edition

Hello SFDC Family,

Today I was doing a challenge in trailhead and the name of it is "
Create New Users and Allow a User to Delete Accounts" . In this challenge I have to create 4 users and for one user I have to give extra permission to delete the record. My issue is we only have limit for 3 salesforce Platform licenses in Developer Edition then why is in the challenge it is asking us to create 4 users with Salesforce Platform Licenses. How Should I overcome this and complete the challenge?
Best Answer chosen by kavya mareedu
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kavya,

Greetings to you!

You need to deactivate 2 users which you have created in the previous step. It is mentioned in the project that, In a Trailhead playground, you’re limited to the number of Salesforce and Salesforce Platform licenses you have to distribute. To complete this challenge, we’re going to deactivate a few users to free up some of those licenses.

So, you need to deactivate Maya Lorrette's user license and Ted Kim's user license. After deactivating two users, you will get two additional Salesforce Platform licenses available.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas