function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
msmithey13msmithey13 

How to delete a custom object that contains triggers?

I have a custom object that is not active which contains 2 triggers, both inactive as well.  I need to delete the custom object but cannot due to the presence of the triggers.  How can I delete this custom object?
SabrentSabrent
Even if the triggers are inactive , since the object is associated with the triggers, you wont be able to delete the object. 
Take a backup of the two triggers first delete the triggers, then delete the custom object. 
msmithey13msmithey13
What do you mean exactly when you say “Take a backup of the two triggers first delete the triggers, then delete the custom object.”? Mark Smithey Solution Analyst: CRM 303-848-7682 crocs
Tad Aalgaard 3Tad Aalgaard 3
Rov is saying make sure you have a backup of the Trigger code and any other code that you will be removing the reference to the object from.  Then you will be able to delete the object because the references to the Object will be gone from the Trigger and Code.
msmithey13msmithey13
So you are saying to remove the reference to the object and fields in the trigger while in Sandbox, deploy to Production and it will then allow me to delete the object? Mark Smithey Solution Analyst: CRM 303-848-7682 crocs
Tad Aalgaard 3Tad Aalgaard 3
Correct