function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kavya mareedukavya mareedu 

Good Morning!!

I want to retrieve all the fields from record type of an particular SObject. Please do let me know how to write the SOQL Query on this.
@anilbathula@@anilbathula@
Hi Kavya,

You can use this query to fecth all fields, I have used contact replace contact with your object name.
String rectype='Personal';// pass your recordtype name here
List<Contact> con=Database.query('Select  ' + string.join(new list<String>(Schema.getGlobalDescribe().get('Contact').getDescribe().fields.getMap().keyset()),',')+ ' from Contact where recordtype.name=:rectype limit 50000');
for(Contact c:con){
    system.debug (c.id);
}

Thanks
Anil.B​​​​​​​

Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi kavya,

Try the above code. you can change code according to your requirement.
public class TaskData {
    public static void createCommunicatOHistory(){
        Id recordId = '0010o00002J7sWQAAZ';    
        DescribeSObjectResult describeResult = recordId.getSObjectType().getDescribe();    
        List<String> fieldNames = new List<String>( describeResult.fields.getMap().keySet() );    
        String query =      ' SELECT ' +          String.join( fieldNames, ',' ) +      ' FROM ' +          describeResult.getName() +      ' WHERE ' +          ' id = :recordId ' +      ' LIMIT 1 '    ;    
        // return generic list of sobjects or typecast to expected type    List<SObject> records = Database.query( query );    
        System.debug( describeResult );
    }
}
I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi