function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sulaiman shaiksulaiman shaik 

unable to create new custom field

hi team,
am a fresher and a new learner for salesforce unfortunately i was unable to complete my first challange in salesforce admin below is the challenge
1.create a new custom filed on contact object called 
field label: loan amount
field tye:currency
and i have navigated to below path setup->object manager->contact->fields and relationships->new 
and nothing is happening and no dialog box is appearing
this is really frustating can someone help me if this is salesforce issue or something wrong from my end
thanks
Mira Shah 10Mira Shah 10
Once you click on Currency, then you can see top right side or Bottom right side "Next" button. Click on it. See atatched screeshot. 
User-added image
arsaniketsharmaarsaniketsharma
Hi sulaiman,
This problem may be occured because network problem,
As soon as you select "new" in 'fields and relationships', you are redirected to data type selection page(where you can select the currency data type).
Keeping trying once again. 
Hope this will be helpful to you.
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi sulaiman,

Following are the reasons for this error:
1. There are several reasons why Users might be getting the errors 'Unable to access page' or 'No clean data columns available for custom fields' when trying to create or edit custom fields.
2. This issue can appear for a number of reasons, however, it's very common if the Custom Fields per Object limit is exceeded when deleting a large number of fields at once.
3. For Example, if you have a limit of 100 fields per object and you are using approximately 95 all the time, and then on the same day you delete 10 and immediately try to create 15 new fields, you will probably receive one of these errors as the fields you removed have not yet been hard deleted.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Clear your browser history and restart the browser and try