function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vineet kumarvineet kumar 

How to turn off system validations??

Hi Team,

Please let me know if there is any way to turn off system validations.

Thanks.
Best Answer chosen by vineet kumar
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
System validation can't be a turnoff .  You have to enter the validate data always like LastName field on the Contact is always required .. 

All Answers

ChrisludoviceChrisludovice
What do you mean? like what system validations?
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
System validation can't be a turnoff .  You have to enter the validate data always like LastName field on the Contact is always required .. 

This was selected as the best answer
Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi vineet,

Please read the below points and follow links with the help of these below points and link you can solve your problem, it may be helpful to you.

-If you are the system administrator,
one possible work around is to exclude the System Administrator profile from all of the Validation Rules

Link:
https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000DRa0AAG
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=087300000007CwUAAU

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha
vineet kumarvineet kumar
Hi Team,

@Chrisludovice -  Like standard email validations (format check). I don't need standard format check, want custom regex to check, and want to turn-off standard email format check.

@Deepali Kulshrestha - Yes you are right if it custom validation then we can handle at profile level but what if it is standard validation, i.g., e-mail field validation (standard format check)?.

So here below I am elaborating one scenario. 

Let take the example of standard email field format check:

Suppose standard email field format check is not fulfilling the requirement and I want to implement one custom Regex validation. so now whenever a record is getting saved, the system first checking standard email format check and then it is checking custom regex format check. so if custom validation is fulfilling the requirement then there is no need of checking standard format check, and it will be affecting system performance as there is no use of checking standard validation.

So please let me know if there is any way to turn off standard validations.