function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nand Kishore Sharma 30Nand Kishore Sharma 30 

Edit write access for standard object in standard profile in salesforce

I am newbie in sales-force and playing with profiles and permission. I have created a user with standard system admin profile and then edited the same profile. I have removed the edit permission of Account site field of Account Object then I have created new account object. I am still able to see Account site field in edit mode. I have also checked at layout and permission where this field has not edit permission. Can anyone please explain why this thing is happening? Thanks in advance.
Arun MohanArun Mohan
Hi Nand,

Did you uncheck the modify all permission for account object in profiles. Please check and let me know, so that i could check further.

Thanks 
Arun
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Nand,

We recommend that you use field-level security to control users’ access to fields rather than creating multiple page layouts to control field access.
In the Page Layout section of the page, you can:

- Select the Remove or change editability radio button and then change the field access properties for the page layout.
  These changes will affect all profile and record type combinations that currently use this page layout.

- Alternatively, you can select the Choose a different page layout radio button to assign a different page layout
  to the profile and record type combination.

You can follow this link to know about field-level security:

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=modifying_field_access_settings.htm&type=5

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi