function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matt Bronen 1Matt Bronen 1 

Using two different fields in nested If formula

I'm trying to build a seemingly normal nested IF formula but when I use two different fields for the logical tests the second one doesn't seem to impact the reults. Original and updated formula below
ORIGINAL (Works normally):
IF(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity_Source__c, "Inbound"),0,Account.SDR_Sales_Contest_Value__c)

UPDATED (New condition doesn't seem to work):
IF(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity_Source__c, "Inbound"),0,IF( ISPICKVAL(Network__c, "Executive Referral (Advisors, Friends, Board)"),0, Account.SDR_Sales_Contest_Value__c))

Is there a way to change this to work with both picklists included? Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Matt Bronen 1
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Matt,
Please check the type of your formula field that you have created and the type of SDR_Sales_Contest_Value__c field of account, if they both are text then replace 0 bt '0' from your formula as:
iF(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity_Source__c, "Inbound"), '0', IF( ISPICKVAL(Network__c, "Executive Referral (Advisors, Friends, Board)"), '0',  Account.SDR_Sales_Contest_Value__c))
The SDR_Sales_Contest_Value__c, formula field and value that you specify in your formula when the condition is true (0in your case) must be of the same type.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi