function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arnold PernocaArnold Pernoca 

User keeps posting Alert on Chatter

Dear community,

one of our users keeps posting an Alert in Chatter, please see attachment.

User-added image
Seems like the Alert is related to some report on the number of Accounts. As soon as the number of accounts exceeds a given threshold, the alert is posted automatically. Since we have exceeded the threshold, the alert is being posted permanently.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

Thank you so much,

Arnold

Best Answer chosen by Arnold Pernoca
In case anyone else has the same problem: I solved this by going in Setup - Scheduled Jobs and deleting the job that was causing this.

All Answers

BeckBeck
Hi Arnold, 

It seems like the user has set up a report notification/subscription that posts to the Chatter feed; can you ask the user to update the conditions or delete the subscription?  Here's the article I found that describes this: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=reports_notifications_home.htm&type=5

Hope that helps,
Beck
Hi Beck,

thanks for your answer! This seems to be the right thing, but unfortunately I see a different subscribe page (I am admin) and have no option to select "Post to chatter" as notification for example. Furthermore the user is a standard user and has no right to see all reports, therefore I am a bit confused how this might have happened. Do you have any other ideas?

Below is the subscribe page that I see:

User-added image

Cheers,
Arnold
In case anyone else has the same problem: I solved this by going in Setup - Scheduled Jobs and deleting the job that was causing this.
This was selected as the best answer
BeckBeck
I'm glad you found the solution, Arnold!  It looks like the article I shared is applicable only to Salesforce Classic, so perhaps the scheduled job was an attempt to duplicate that behavior in Lightning Experience (from your screenshot, that looks like what you're using).  Thanks for sharing the solution!