function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GeetuGeetu 

Need help with designing of Profile

hi Guys,

I need help in below scenario - 
we hav a installed app and sales app. We have our own profiles for custom app and sales app has thier own profiles. In futire we might  have users who are common to both the apps and have sales app profile. We need to give access to both the apps. How do we design this and make sure they have access to all our objects and our functioanlity (installed app).We are thinking of having permission set and assign those permission sets to common users so that they can have thier own sales app profiles plus have access to our installed app objects and finctiaonlity. 

Kidly share your ideas. 
Thanks,
Nagarjuna ParalaNagarjuna Parala
Hi Geetu,

Yes you can go with Permission Sets  as you have already assigned Profile to all your users.Its Better not to go for creating again the profile to your users.Let me know please, if you have any issues.

Thanks and Regards
Nagarjuna.
GeetuGeetu
Thanks Nagarjuna, i have a follow up question we have two licence Salesforce and Salesforce platform license, as per my understanding and going through salesforce guides , we can create permissio sets with no licnense , and then i can assing this permission set to both salesforce and salesforce platform users. Here are the limitations 
1. Permission sets with no license selected don’t include all possible permissions and settings.
2. Assign a permission set with no license only to users whose user licenses allow the permissions and settings that you are enabling in the permission set. For example, don’t create a permission set with no user license and then enable “Author Apex” and assign it to Salesforce Platform users. You can’t assign this permission set to Salesforce Platform users because the Salesforce Platform user license doesn’t allow Apex authoring.
I tried to find all limitations , do you have any link where i can find all limitations. Any recommendations what all we need to consider while creating permission set for salesforce and salesforce platform license.