function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stephen Glaros 7Stephen Glaros 7 

Formula: Checkbox Checked True Returns Text Error

Hi Community,

I'm trying to create a simple formula that returns text when a checkbox is checked. 

I have the checkbox field and a field for the text to be diplayed:
IF( SOW_Name__r.All_Deliverables_owned_by_Company__c = TRUE,  Deliverable_Ownership__c "All Deliverables owned by Company")
and the error code I'm getting is "Syntax error. Found Deliverable_Ownership__c", which is the field I want the text to display in.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thx!

Best Answer chosen by Stephen Glaros 7
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Stephen,

Create a 'Deliverable_Ownership__c' formula field of type text in Child Object and apply the following formula in that field:
if(SOW_Name__r.All_Deliverables_owned_by_Company__c,"All Deliverables owned by Company",' ')

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi

All Answers

Andrew GAndrew G
I am assuming that the field "Deliverable_Ownership__c" is to be a formula field and it will display the message?
I notice a reference to SOW_Name__r ... is that a parent record?
If so, try your formula as 
IF( SOW_Name__r.All_Deliverables_owned_by_Company__c , "All Deliverables owned by Company",'')

Know that Check boxes can behave as booleans anyway, hence no need for the '==TRUE'

Regards
Andrew
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Stephen,

Create a 'Deliverable_Ownership__c' formula field of type text in Child Object and apply the following formula in that field:
if(SOW_Name__r.All_Deliverables_owned_by_Company__c,"All Deliverables owned by Company",' ')

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi
This was selected as the best answer
Stephen Glaros 7Stephen Glaros 7
Thank you Ajay and Andrew - works perfectly!