function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ajia WilsonAjia Wilson 

How do I setup Google Tag Manager "Check Validation" Trigger for tracking successful Salesforce form submissions in Wordpress?

I have several web-to-lead Salesforce forms throughout my website and have set up Google Tag Manager to track each form submission using the Form Submission Trigger. However, GTM is tracking every submission attempt whether or not the form successfully went through. So if someone missed a required field and clicks the submit button it still considers that a submission in GTM. Does anyone know how to set up "Check Vaildation" on web-to-lead Salesforce forms so it can track only the validated form submissions?
Priyananth RPriyananth R
Hi Ajia, 

According to my understanding, Google Tag Manager doesn't have straight forward approach to resolved this issue.

way to track, (Only inserted acknowledgement is redirect into return url)
1) Based on return url parameters of WEB to Lead, we need to add extra paramter to track(using Jquery or Javascript).
2) If return url holds another page url, we able to track using Page URL Event Track.

Thanks,
Ajia WilsonAjia Wilson
Thank you for your response Priyananth. Just to be clear, do you mean using Google Tag Manager to setup a Page View Trigger that will go off when a user views the success url page after each successful form submission? If so, that did cross my mind however I need to know which form they submitted or which page they were redirected from (I need individual tracking for the different forms throughout the site) but I can't seem to find a way to do that. Do you have any thoughts on that?