function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KPJSKPJS 

Using Lightning Flow w/Screen entry to create/streamline creation of Account and Contact records

One of the most challenging aspects of Salesforce user adoption that I always encounter, is the multiple steps required to create an Account and then the Related Contact. I am wondering if anyone has accomplished this with the new Lightning Flow with screen entry, which means yes--it would require that the related Account Contact Relationship record be created too.

The creation of these records is normally needed when a Salesperson needs to add a new Account and Contact, and then create the related records such as an Opportunity and a couple of custom object records after the fact, which is also cumbersome and is why I'm trying to consolidate this first process. They do not want to create a Lead and then Convert, also cumbersome.

My predecessor had a developer create a visualforce page and trigger exactly the way it was done in Classic, but it's a beast because it's old Classic technology, and requires a developer to update it anytime we add new fields that should be filled out upon creation of any of these records. 

So if you have successfully done this, please let me know how you did it, if it's even possible, or if we are stuck with this VF form and trigger we already using. 

Thank you so much!

Alain CabonAlain Cabon
@KPJS

A Lightning Flow can create/streamline the creation of Account and Contact records given that the picklists/multi-select picklists of existing fields (ie Account Status) can be used as resources with the restriction that the record types are not avalaible for the picklists themselves (but avalaible for the records).

The existing triggers will be activated during the data manipulations (create/update/delete) of the flow. 

The conversion of a lead is also possible but it is by calling an invocable apex class like below.
That is the Process Builder (link below). It is the same underlying engine that the Lightning Flows (a flow of the process builder is a simplified Lex Flow without screen)   https://automationchampion.com/tag/auto-convert-lead-using-process-builder/