function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tijs TeulingsTijs Teulings 

Integration to Google Home Best Practices

Hi everybody!

My team and I are developing a Google Home 'application' for a company that uses salesforce. Now they asked us if it was possible to make a connection between the app and salesforce. They want to us to create a case from the Google Home. As far as I can see this should be doable, although I am quite new to SalesForce and it is a lot to take in :'-).

So far our plan is to connect the application via Oauth to our backend and if we get a request to make a new case from the user to sent this to SalesForce using the REST api. However we are still struggling how to best identify for which user the event should be made. The current plan is to add gmail accounts to salesforce so we can just sent the gmail account connected to the Google Home to match it.

Are there any suggestions you guys have on this plan and some general tips on best (and safe) practices. Anything would be appreciated, even if it would mean changing the whole plan!

Thanks in advance!

Tijs
yogesh_patilyogesh_patil
I have completed the integration between Salesforce and Google Home using DialogFlow. Refer the below link.

https://blogs.absyz.com/2018/08/30/google-assistant-integration-with-salesforce-part-1/

Mark the answer if this helps