function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nashle PakNashle Pak 

The CRUD on the records of external objects?

Hello community,

This is my 1st post! 

I am a consultant in a company specializing in the integration of the SAP ERP solution in the energy sector. Salesforce has been in our solution catalog for a short time.

I am a Salesforce consultant.

A customer wants to integrate a Salesforce organization that can communicate with SAP.

Looking quickly at what exists and configuring Salesforce connect, I realize that external records are searchable, which is already not so bad.

Can you tell me if I can create, edit, or delete external records with Salesforce connect and if possible, how?

If this is not possible with Salesforce connect, what is the best way to integrate these features? OData, SOAP, Rest, Jitterbit, Mulesoft, ... I do not master the architecture.

Regards,
Brice

Best Answer chosen by Nashle Pak
Nashle PakNashle Pak
Hello Anant and thx,

Effectively! In the settings of "external data source", I had not checked the case to check "External objects writable".
After checking this cache, the rights are displayed on the profiles and the action buttons are displayed for the article.

User-added image

Thank you Anant ;-)

All Answers

Anant KamatAnant Kamat
As far as I know with Lightning Connect, you can create, edit and delete external records. How this actually works is based on the Profile of the user that is configured for establishing the External Data Source. If the profile is having the CRUD permissions on the object in the source org, then you can perform those operations.
Nashle PakNashle Pak
Hello Anant and thx,

Effectively! In the settings of "external data source", I had not checked the case to check "External objects writable".
After checking this cache, the rights are displayed on the profiles and the action buttons are displayed for the article.

User-added image

Thank you Anant ;-)
This was selected as the best answer