function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David Watson 43David Watson 43 

Cannot log into sandbox after changing production password

Hi, after changing my productoin password I cannot log into my sandbox. The answer I keep getting is that sandbox uses the productoin password, but if that was true I would bre typing this. So I try to update the sandbox password by selecting 'forgot your password' but I never receive an email to rest the password. So... how do I get SalesForce to sync the sandbox password to my prod password?

Thank you
Best Answer chosen by David Watson 43
Andrew GAndrew G
Try your old production password.

When the sandbox is created, if copies the password as at the time of creation.  If you change your production password it does not update the sandbox password.

Then, when you get into the sandbox, check the email account associated with your user account in the sandbox environment.  The email address is changed to something like: myname@mydomain.invalid.

If you still can't get in, you can refresh the sandbox if it's not holding any pending changes.  Or if you have another admin with access to that Sandbox, get them tohave a look.

Regards
Andrew

All Answers

Andrew GAndrew G
Try your old production password.

When the sandbox is created, if copies the password as at the time of creation.  If you change your production password it does not update the sandbox password.

Then, when you get into the sandbox, check the email account associated with your user account in the sandbox environment.  The email address is changed to something like: myname@mydomain.invalid.

If you still can't get in, you can refresh the sandbox if it's not holding any pending changes.  Or if you have another admin with access to that Sandbox, get them tohave a look.

Regards
Andrew
This was selected as the best answer
David Watson 43David Watson 43
Yes, I think that is what I will do. Thank you.