function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
umair khan 15umair khan 15 

not able to create project on visualstudio code

I just set-up a visual studio code but when I am trying to create a project it is not working no folder is created. No errors showing up.
I have reinstalled the tool multiple times. 
Note: All extensions are installed properly and I have JDK8 installed.

Anant KamatAnant Kamat
As far as I know, you cannot create a project on VS Code directly. You need to create projects on Mavensmate and then open that project with VS Code. For doing that you need to update the Global Settings in Mavensmate and point to the path where VS Code is located. Then you would get an option to open with VS Code.
I just started learning visual studio code and the very first thing we have been taught is to create a project and all of my classmates are able to do that and I am following the same procedure but it not working...
Ctrl + Shift + P
SFDX:create project.

Anant KamatAnant Kamat
Can you try uninstalling VS code and all related files that it creates in backend. Reinstall and see if it resolves the issue.
Let me know the steps followed as well so its easy to understand if there is any missing link.
I uninstalled all the related file even deleted and redownloaded the programme files also.
Steps I followed:
Step 1: I uninstalled the programme files and deleted the programme.
Step 2: deleted the extension files.
  User-added image
Step 3: Deleted App data.
Both Code and Visual studio code I deleted.
User-added image

No programmes and data related were there on my laptop.
Then I downloaded the programme again. It was a fresh installation but with the same problem.
No folder is creating.

Have a look at this also,
User-added image
ABCDABCDABCDABCDABCDABCD
Hi Team,

Sorry for the responding to an year old post. I am facing exactly same issue. Details are below,
Visual Studio Code Version screeenvisual studio code install location screenjava and sfdx cli version screen
Any contructive responses will be much appreciated!