function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steve ConnellySteve Connelly 

need some help with a new Lightning Component

I have built a new App for end users to use to access HD services. I am building a new component to house large buttons that will launch flows that in turn will create new cases.

So far, so good.

When I click the buttons, the flow opens in a new tab. The user completes the steps and a case is created.

Again, all good.

I do not like the user experience with the new tab though. When they click the Finish button at the end, it just takes them back to the opening screen element and does not close the tab.

What I am looking for is an experience that is more like what i get when I launch a flow from say a contact record as a quick action. That opens the flow in a some sort of sub process like this:
User-added image

User-added image

User-added image
And the sub process then closes when the user clicks the Finish button.

Is there a way to accomplish this same effect from within this new component I have built? some HTML or other that will open the flow in this same sort of process? The best I have managed so far is the separate tab and that is just not doing it for me.

Any suggestions?
Best regards,
Steve
Best Answer chosen by Steve Connelly
MagulanDuraipandianMagulanDuraipandian
Yes. You should be able to do with custom lightning component.
Check this example - http://www.infallibletechie.com/2018/03/forcehasrecordid-in-custom-lightning.html