function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SF Learner BeeSF Learner Bee 

Refactoring Workflows

Hi all, We are currently exceeding the limits on number of workflow rules for case Object. We are currently using 81 workflow rules on Case Object due to which we have hit the limit. 
We are in the process of seeing if we can migrate all updates into either few workflows or process builders and delete the rest.

Can someone tell me the best possible solution to approach this and how I can do it. 

Any help will be thankful !!
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi,

Try to get as many as you can into a single process builder.  If you need you can use up to 3 process builders.  One for Create only, one for create and edit, and one for scheduled actions.  I would still recommend trying to get everything into 1 if possible.  Make sure to map out all of the actions and when they happen and order them appropriately in your process builder knowing when you can STOP when False and when you have to EVALUATE THE NEXT CRITERIA when False

Process Builder and Workflow are very similar, with the exception that Process Builder is much more powerful, and will allow you to evaluate multiple criteria in a single process.  Each Workflow rule can be it's own "Evaluation Node" inside a single Process Builder

Thanks,
Nagendra

SF Learner BeeSF Learner Bee
Hi Nagendra,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I am still new to Process Builders so not sure which ones I will be able to combine into 1.