function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Javier CGJavier CG 

It is possible to get a VS Code project created with cloned repo and connected to sandbox?

I have to connect to an existing control version project on GitHub and connect to a SF sandbox environment related with the repo.

In Eclipse I can use a cloned repo from GitHub (cloned via GitHub Desktop) to create a project and, after this, link the project with a sandbox environment to retrieve objects and maintain the repo updated.

In VS Code I can clone the repo directly but, after it, I can´t connect the project with an org. If I try to do it, I get the error "command sfdx.force.set.default.org" not found.
If I try to Create project with manifest, I lose the GitHub connection.

The result is that I have 2 projects in the same workspace (one connected to GH and the other one connected to SF). When I must make a change, first I retrieve the objects with the SF connected project, I change them, and then copy their code to the GH connected project to maintain the repo updated. And that´s not a good way to work.

It is possible to get both connections in the same project so that you can retrieve objects from SF and use it into the repo?