function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KodsiKodsi 

update one field with data loader

Hi everybody,

i have an issue and i need to update only one field records.

when i update one field records on custom object with data loader did the other fields get updated even if i didn't mapped them?

Thank you
Best Answer chosen by Kodsi
Tad Aalgaard 3Tad Aalgaard 3
Building upon my previus answer, it could even update records on other objects.  It all depends on what trigger, flow, processes, etc that may have been built and if they perform actons on other records as a result of your update.

All Answers

KodsiKodsi
i suppose no, it update only the field mapped, not the others, but i'm not sure 100% 
Correct.  Only the fields you put in the mapping will be updated.   Unless... there is a trigger, process, flow, etc that acts upon your update and changes other fields as a result of the edit or as a result of the the changing of that particular value.
Building upon my previus answer, it could even update records on other objects.  It all depends on what trigger, flow, processes, etc that may have been built and if they perform actons on other records as a result of your update.
This was selected as the best answer
KodsiKodsi
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I did the experience and i am trying to replace the breakings. 

This field didn’t have any trigger or validation rule or workflows but it activate workflows that depend on editing the record and also tasks. 

I think although I used an apex class to update the field, I would have had the same consequence