function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RK BheemreddyRK Bheemreddy 

Apex Cpu Time Limit Error after Summer 19 release

I wanted to check if this is a known issue. On saturday our instance was upgraded to Summer 19, and on monday we started seeing Apex CPU time Limit Exceeded error on one of our objects.

Could someone let me know if they are aware of the issue.

Thanks
Ravi
Tad Aalgaard 3Tad Aalgaard 3
No more than we usually see.

Can you replicate the error in prod?

Can you replicate the error in a sandbox?

Can you provide any detail about the process that is causing the error?
We can replicate the issue in production but not in sandbox. The sandboxes were refreshed the begining of this month and we did not make any changes related to this feature.

The use case is, we have a custom object called Reference which has a lookup to the Contact object. Users are allowed to create a Reference record from a related list on Contact using a custom javascript button. The issue happens when they try to create the reference record. 

After the record is saved, there are other processes that run. The feature was working fine until Friday without any issues.

Someone else also faced the same issue (https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/266548/is-anybody-experiencing-apex-cpu-timeout-exceptions-after-summer-19-release-upgr). So, I was wondering if the release has something to do with this.

Thanks
Ravi
Another thing to note is that a couple of users who were facing the issue yesterday were somehow able to create the Reference record.
Srinivas Gonuguntla 6Srinivas Gonuguntla 6
yes we are seeing the exaxt same issue after summer 19 . 
Srinivas Gonuguntla 6Srinivas Gonuguntla 6
I have heard this issue from  other friends as well after summer 19
louisa barrett 7louisa barrett 7
I'me experiencing the same thing. Objects where the triggers are minimal are still passing, but only just. Any object where there are mulitple methods being called from the trigger(Opportunities etc) are all failing, and prior to the Summer 19 update have been passing without any issue.
I'm assuming this is related the this fix https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p3A0000008q7VQAQ&title=apex-cpu-time-limit-is-not-enforced-if-an-apex-test-runs-in-synchronous-mode