function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sandy RiceSandy Rice 

Removing the mandatory requirement for closed date.

I would like the mandatory requirement for the closed date to be removed.
If the developers read the posted comments on this subject then they would see that a lot of people are hindered by this date.  I, myself have to put in a future date to close it even though the project is still ongoing.  Printing off reports on ongoing projects is a nightmare since they all have closed dates.

It would be appreciated if the mandatory requirement be removed.  Another option is to add an Estimated Date.

Thank you.

Sandy Rice
Solid Rock Fencing Ltd.
sandy@solidrockfencing.ca
778-387-0172
Manisha Kumari 34Manisha Kumari 34
I guess you want to use Estimated Date but not Closed Date. Just rename the field from Closed Date to Estimate Date. 

In this way, when you will create reports and dashboard. It will be consider as estimated date not closed date.

You can`t make it not required field for opportunity. So, the only solution can be to rename it 
Sandy RiceSandy Rice
Unfortunately, I do not have the authorization to change mandatory fields. Even if it is only to change the name. I would prefer not to have the mandatory requirement at all. An estimated date might be good for some people but not all. Tried to change the name, unable to do so. Sandy Rice Admin Assistant - BC Email: sandy@solidrockfencing.ca Solid Rock Fencing Ltd. www.solidrockfencing.ca