function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TROGTROG 

isblank formula not working in Visual Flow

I add a text input field to a FLOW screen. Its an optional field - not required. I later check to see if the user entered a value in to this field using a formula 'isblank'. When the user doesn't enter anything the result of this formula incorrectly states 'false'. My understanding is that isblank() is supposed to be TRUE if the value is either blank or NULL...per this help article:
*https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customize_functions.htm&type=5
"IMPORTANT Use ISBLANK instead of ISNULL in new formulas. ISBLANK has the same functionality as ISNULL, but also supports text fields. Salesforce will continue to support ISNULL, so you do not need to change any existing formulas."

I created a small test FLOW to easily/quickly identify this issue.
Flow overview
Input Txt ScreenResult ScreenUser-added image
Debugging...dont enter anything on the first screen and press next.
Debug Step2. Results Fail.Failed.  Why is it reporting isblank = false, when the user didn't enter anything???
SImmySImmy
I am also facing the same issue please let me know if you comes up with any solution
TROGTROG
I dont have a developer support license, so SFDC told me they wouldn't work on this defect (Visual Flow not supported?!?) and kicked me to post it to this dev forum.  If anyone sees this and has one, PLEASE post this defect/case so SFDC can work on resolving it.  Thanks!
SImmySImmy
I have come up with an idea and it worked..so if yu want you can reply over here.
TROGTROG
SImmy - sure, love to hear your idea.  I too used a work-around checking for both null and "", but we shouldn't have to.  Its a defect, and unfortunately SFDC doesn't support fixing defects in Visual Flow unless you have a developer support package, so they told me to post it in the dev forums in hopes that someone that did have that package would see this and create a ticket to fix it (rrrrgg).