function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adam TolbertAdam Tolbert 

How to Hide the 'X' in Custom Lightning Component

Hey Dev Community!

Im currently working on a Custom Lightning Component and there are a few edge cases that I'm trying to account for. This lightning component makes a few API calls and therefore, may take some time to complete. I need a way to determine if the user bailed mid stream and I can do this easily with a 'Cancel' button with an onclick event that does some logic before calling $A.get("e.force:closeQuickAction").fire();

However, if the user bails with the 'X' in the top right hand corner the API calls cease and I cannot figure out how to handle this. The two ways I have theorized are either react the same way as the button, or make the button the only option but I dont know if I can react to the 'X' click nor if I can hide the 'X' with CSS or some equivalent. 

Any advice would be appreciated!! 
Tejender Mohan 9Tejender Mohan 9
Hey Adam

The lightning console events might work in this case.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_console.meta/api_console/sforce_api_console_events_lightning.htm
But I think this will only work with Lightning experience, not with the classic.
Adam TolbertAdam Tolbert
Tejender,

I tried implementing these but it appears as if these are for console apps and I am currently trying to design a quick action lightning component and they are not 'tabbable' as it were and these appear to be for tabbable components.