function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kishore saketh tanjavurkishore saketh tanjavur 

Hello All, Can some one help in identifying the tool which does the bulk edit of Field accessibility. Instead of manually updating them

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kishore,

Greetings to you!

I haven't tried it but you can refer to the below tools which might help you.

http://nathanfranklin.com.au/salesforce/easing-the-burden-of-bulk-field-level-security-updates-in-salesforce/

https://www.sfdctoolbox.com/features

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
Thanks for the reply. Actually we need to copy the fields, FLS and Field accessibility from one object to another object in the same org. And there are bulk fields with FLS and accessibility.Is there any way to achieve this...??
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Kishore,
Working with permissions per each field in Salesforce can be a cumbersome task. 
Each field can be visible and/or read only. One of the primary ways to update this 
information is to access the Salesforce Setup panel and go to Customize (or Create) 
and find the Object in question, then find and update the FLS settings on the field 
in question. This process allows you update exactly 1 field only. To do this across 
multiple fields and objects can be extremely time consuming.

Another way to update these settings is to use the Force IDE or similar to retrieve 
the Profile XML files and updating each field/object for each profile. This method 
requires knowledge of Salesforce development and an understanding of the Salesforce 
XML file structures.
In my experience, I have found both these cases to be inefficient and potentially problematic.

I wanted to present today a tool I have been working on called the Bulk FLS Updater tool. 
This tool will retrieve a list of all the Profiles in Salesforce in addition all the Fields 
and Objects and allow you to update the FLS settings in bulk.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi
Thanks for the reply!!! That is a paid tool right.

Is any other tool which is free.