function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Basil A 8Basil A 8 

Retrieve Org's Account, Contact, Lead, etc, Classes & Objects, into VS Code?? Can see ONLY Custom Objects. Thanks!!

Hi there, how do you pull/retrieve the Org's Account, Contact, Lead, etc, Classes & Objects, into VS Code? I can see only Custom Objects. Thanks!!
Yelper DevYelper Dev
Right click and choose SFDX: Retrieve
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Basil,
You have to create project with menifest file when you done it you will get a 'package.xml' file inside the menifest in nevigation open this 'package.xml' file and right click inside the xml file and here click on SFDX:Retrieve Source in Menifest from org.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi
Basil A 8Basil A 8
Hi Ajay, Please look in your Objects folder - do you see Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunity, etc?  

I know how to do what you wrote, but the default package.xml does not pull down Standard Objects like Accounts, Contacts, Opportunity, etc, when you right-click and SFDX: Retrieve Source in Manifest from Org.  

Thanks,  bA
Djordje StefanovicDjordje Stefanovic
1. You'll have Org Browser, after install plugin for Salesforce.
2. Retreive needed metadata
3. Open file explorer 
4. Find needed metadata in list 
5. File content 

Retrieve standard and all other objects from Salesforce instance
Please, mark answer if it's suitable for you. 

Regards,
Djordje.
Derhyk Doggett -Derhyk Doggett -

Another option is to use the Package.XML Generator Add-On. When you choose Custom Object, it will pull all Standard and Custom Objects.
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=VignaeshRamA.sfdx-package-xml-generator 

--Derhyk