function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brooks Johnson 6Brooks Johnson 6 

Develop an App with CLI and Source Control

Hi Friends, 

I am trying to work though the Trailhead Project Develop an App with CLI and Source Control.  When I try to pull down my source from the  CLI I get the following error.

ERROR running force:source:retrieve:  A default package path string is required for SourceWorkspaceAdapter.

With the JSON flag the following is returned.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts on solving this. 

$ sfdx force:source:retrieve --manifest assets/package.xml --targetusername pdii --wait 10 --json
{
    "status": 1,
    "name": "missing_package_path",
    "message": "A default package path string is required for SourceWorkspaceAdapter.",
    "exitCode": 1,
    "commandName": "SourceRetrieveCommand",
    "stack": "missing_package_path: A default package path string is required for SourceWorkspaceAdapter.\n    at Function.create (C:\\Users\\Admin\\AppData\\Local\\sfdx\\client\\7.15.3-c7d407d236\\node_modules\\salesforce-alm\\node_modules\\@salesforce\\core\\lib\\sfdxError.js:141:16)\n    at new SourceWorkspaceAdapter (C:\\Users\\Admin\\AppData\\Local\\sfdx\\client\\7.15.3-c7d407d236\\node_modules\\salesforce-alm\\dist\\lib\\source\\sourceWorkspaceAdapter.js:75:36)\n    at Function.create (C:\\Users\\Admin\\AppData\\Local\\sfdx\\client\\7.15.3-c7d407d236\\node_modules\\salesforce-alm\\node_modules\\@salesforce\\kit\\lib\\creatable.js:26:26)\n    at SourceRetrieve.retrieve (C:\\Users\\Admin\\AppData\\Local\\sfdx\\client\\7.15.3-c7d407d236\\node_modules\\salesforce-alm\\dist\\lib\\source\\sourceRetrieve.js:45:74)",
    "warnings": []
}