function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sara LamotheSara Lamothe 

Send notification to external contact

Hi all,

We use workflows to send Invoice reminder in our org. We use the email alert option, and in the Recipients field I choose: Email Field: Contact Email and the email is sent to the contact on the opportunity, which works fine.

Now, I need to send this same kind of alert to the client directly instead of the opportunity contact. It would be the same email address for all the invoices, but this contact is not a org user, just a regular contact in our system. Is there a way to send them a notification?

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Sara Lamothe
PabitraPabitra
Hi Sara,

In the email alert there is a way  you don't choose any email for Receipent field, but add your client email id in the Additional Emails as shown in below image:-

User-added image

All Answers

Abhishek K SinhaAbhishek K Sinha
Hello Sara - Workflow rules will help you with this. You can specify the conditions under which they fire (like record fields having certain values), and then specify the email addresses to whom you wish to send a message. There is no obligation for the email recipient to be a user of the org.

Thanks,
Abhishek Sinha
Sara LamotheSara Lamothe
Good morning Abhishek,

Thanks for your answer. I'm already using a workflow, but where can I specify the email address as you mentionned? Do you have a screenshot of example?

Thanks for your help!
PabitraPabitra
Hi Sara,

In the email alert there is a way  you don't choose any email for Receipent field, but add your client email id in the Additional Emails as shown in below image:-

User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
Abhishek K SinhaAbhishek K Sinha
Yes right, please refer the above screenshot. Add yours client email-id in the Additional Emails.
Sara LamotheSara Lamothe
Thanks to both of you, I'll try this out!