function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vikas KVikas K 

didnt find production records in sandbox

Hallo,

i have 20 records in quotes object(in production).
But i am not getting these 20 records in sandbox.

likewise i could not find records for many objects in sandbox
eventhough  they are present in production.

can some one help me out with this?
thanks in advance!
Best Answer chosen by Vikas K
Karthikeyan Rajendran 14Karthikeyan Rajendran 14
Hi KAMVR

Only Partial Copy Sandbox (Sample of Selected Objects) and Full Sandbox (all or Selected Objects) will have records copied from production during refresh. Developer and Developer Pro will get only the Apex class, users, meta data components and configuration.

If yours is either partial or full sanbox then Create a Sandbox Template (choose the objects for which you want to have records from PROD) and choose the template while refreshing your sandbox.

Sandboxes

I hope the above answer is helpful for you.

Regards
Karthik

All Answers

Hi KAMVR

Only Partial Copy Sandbox (Sample of Selected Objects) and Full Sandbox (all or Selected Objects) will have records copied from production during refresh. Developer and Developer Pro will get only the Apex class, users, meta data components and configuration.

If yours is either partial or full sanbox then Create a Sandbox Template (choose the objects for which you want to have records from PROD) and choose the template while refreshing your sandbox.

Sandboxes

I hope the above answer is helpful for you.

Regards
Karthik
This was selected as the best answer
Vikas KVikas K
hallo karthikeyan,thanks for your reply  and now i understand the reason why i couldnot see the records in sandbox
ya i am using developer license

but for only one object(products) i could be able to see the records and for other objects i could not see?....how could i be atleast able to see the records of products object as i am using developers license.

is there any other alternative to check whether our code is working fine or not in developer version of sandbox?

Hi KAMVR

The records which you are seeing in Product object is from your PROD ? 

I think you are referring to some 20 records displayed in Products tab. Those are example (sample) records created by Salesforce. Not only products all standard objects will have few sample records like Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, Products etc.

To check your code you can create a replica of Production records / similar records and test it. 

Regards
Karthik
Vikas KVikas K
i got ur point karthekeyan....then i will try to create some records in the sandbox and test it

but if possible i just want to know the reason for :
--------------------------------------------------------------

all i am talking about is my companys sandbox environment with developers license

the problem is i cannot find sample records for any object other than product in my companys sandbox
i can see 20 records in products object of my sandbox.but i cannot see not even a single record for other objects(like quotes,contacts,opportunities)

if we assume records in product object that i could see are sample records created by salesforce then i must also see sample records in contacts,opportunities,quotes objects right?

Thanks!