function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Laurie DrewLaurie Drew 

Lightning Components Basics - Lightning Input field -How to make the field taller?

I am creating a custom lightning component to create an Account record and am wanting to make the field 'Description' taller.  Images below will explain better what I am wanting to do.  I want the input section of the field to be taller like this:

User-added image
Instead of what I currently have:

User-added image
I have been googling trying to figure out how to do this and apparenlty am not entering the correct key words to find a solution. 

Here is the section of code for this portion of the screen:

<lightning:layout pullToBoundary="medium">
        <lightning:layoutItem size="10" smallDeviceSize="5" mediumDeviceSize="5"  padding="around-small">
            <lightning:input label="Description" name="Description" value="{!v.AcctForm.Description}"/>       
        </lightning:layoutItem>
        <lightning:layoutItem size="10" smallDeviceSize="5" mediumDeviceSize="5"  padding="around-small">
            <lightning:input label="Region" name="Region" value="{!v.AcctForm.Region__c }" />       
    </lightning:layout>

Would greatly appreciate any help that can be provided!
Best Answer chosen by Laurie Drew
Ankit RathorAnkit Rathor
Hi Laurie ,

Please use lightning textarea tag for description instead of lightning input tag.

Use This like 
<lightning:textarea name="input2" label="Textarea field with a predefined value" value="initial value"/>

Please try this code:

<lightning:layout pullToBoundary="medium" >
        <lightning:textarea name="Description" label="Description"  value="{!v.AcctForm.Description}"/>
        <lightning:input label="Region" name="Region" value="{!v.AcctForm.Region__c }" />       

User-added image
I hope it helps you.

Please let me know if you have any other query. If this solution is helpful then please mark it as Best Answer.

Thanks,
Ankit Rathor 

All Answers

Ankit RathorAnkit Rathor
Hi Laurie ,

Please use lightning textarea tag for description instead of lightning input tag.

Use This like 
<lightning:textarea name="input2" label="Textarea field with a predefined value" value="initial value"/>

Please try this code:

<lightning:layout pullToBoundary="medium" >
        <lightning:textarea name="Description" label="Description"  value="{!v.AcctForm.Description}"/>

User-added image
I hope it helps you.

Please let me know if you have any other query. If this solution is helpful then please mark it as Best Answer.

Thanks,
Ankit Rathor 
This was selected as the best answer
Laurie DrewLaurie Drew
Thank you so much Ankit!!!