function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Richard Ludwig 7Richard Ludwig 7 

Quote Create PDF throws "refused to connect" error on VF page

Hello,
I have create a VF page to override the standard Quote Details page to be able to hide the Action column on related lists. This works great, but we want to use the Create PDF function to generate quote documents. When I click the Create PDF button, I see the popup window, but get the error: ".....salesforce.com refused to connect". When using the standard page, everything works fine.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Dushyant SonwarDushyant Sonwar
Richard,

Can you check your fls(Field Level Security) of Quote fields ? This may be causing the issue. Custom Vf page might be using other fields that it doesn't have access to.

Also check for profiles , go to your vf page and click on security and select those profile , that the users will be using that page.
User-added image

Hope this helps.
Richard Ludwig 7Richard Ludwig 7
Hi Dushyant,

Thank you for your help. I checked the VF security settings, but the profiles of users who need access are already there. Field Level Security is also looking ok. The issue is not only for other users, but also myself as admin. I tested overriding a standard page in a different org and I saw the same results. It seems like something doesn't allow accessing the PDF Viewer when the call originates from a VF page (different domain).

I found a solution though. I am looking at S-Docs. A managed package with tons of customization options. There is a free version if you are only using up to 2 tempaltes and that is what we need. So this may work perfectly.

Thanks,
Richard