function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dcgb2332dcgb2332 

Auto Populate Custom Field Opp Owner on Task with Opportunity Owner Name

I'm trying to populate the opportunity owner name in the TASK on a new custom field called Opp Owner. Should this be in process builder? Or is there a formula I can use? I'm trying to avoid using Apex Triggers.

Thanks!
Shraddha_KhanapureShraddha_Khanapure
It is neither possible with plain process builder nor with formula field. But you can achieve this using flow in process builder / trigger where you need to query on the opportunity record to get owner name with Id equals WhatId field in Task, only if WhatId contains Opportunity Id, i.e. Id in WhatId field begins with "006".

Regards,
Shraddha
dcgb2332dcgb2332
I'm sorry for a silly question, but are you able to detail this in how it would look in the process builder? I've tried similar steps and did not achieve said results.

Thank you!
Shraddha_KhanapureShraddha_Khanapure
You need to create a autolaunched Lighting Flow using Flow Builder where you can use 'Get Records' element for querying the opportunity record with owner name based on input Id of opportunity which you will pass it from WhatId field and update the Owner Name on task (using Update Records element in flow) and lauch this flow from process builder. You need to pass WhatId and TaskId to the flow as an input.

Hope this helps!!
dcgb2332dcgb2332
I don't know what I'm doing wrong
User-added image