function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nancy WoodNancy Wood 

Deploy apex in Professional Edition

One of our Client is using professional edition. Our requirement is customization in the standard object which uses apex classes and triggers. We identified that Professional edition does not support Apex class and triggers and the client is not willing to upgrade it to Enterprise edition.

And if we purchase the RestAPI license can we deploy the Apex code in Professional Editon?

Also, we noted that the only way to deploy apex classes via managed packages. Is there any hack/Workarounds available? Quick responses are appreciated.

Thanks,
Nancy
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Nancy,

Professional Edition does not include Apex. You can get a free Developer Org (or more than one) at the Salesforce Developer Site where you have full access to Apex, VisualForce and most other features like Workflow, Process Builder and case management.

To deploy Apex code into Professional Edition you would need to use packages or AppExchange Apps rather than create in a Developer Org and deploy.

Deploying Apex via Change Sets is not intrinsically different from deploying other components apart from the need to have Test Classes with Code Coverage above 75%

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi
www.ajaydubedi.com
Nancy WoodNancy Wood
Hi Ajay,

Yes, I have created apex classes in our own Free Developer org. The problem is, I am able to create only unmanaged packages and if I try to authorize an org (Professional Edition) in the visual studio code using sfdx development, I am getting the error as "Rest API is not enabled for this org" Later I found that the additional feature "Web Services API" needs to be purchased. My question is if I ask my client to purchase this feature will the apex code will work on the target instance (Professional Edition). Please confirm.

Thanks,
Nancy
YNNRRTYNNRRT
Hello Nancy,

Did you find a solution ?
We're having the same issue.